Avocados are also known as “Alligator Pears” have risen to fame in the last few years! Not just a fan favourite on toast, Avocados are a great way to nourish, moisturise, protect and grow your hair.
With 1 avocado serving more than 5 purposes, you’ll be crazy not to use this fruit as a healthy, natural and cheap alternative compared to conventional hair conditioners.
We’ll be giving you top tips and tricks on how to naturally nourish your hair using Avocados. Try our chemical-free, quick and easy hair conditioner recipe, that cost less than 99p to make in under 5-minutes (see recipe and hair care routine below).
Benefits of Avocado Hair Conditioner (Avocado Masks)
Avocados have many beneficial properties such as:
- High in Vitamin B and E which aids hair repair, and reduces scalp damage
- Healthy natural fats help prevent dryness and damage
- High in antioxidants which protects hair from radical damage and hair loss
Avocados help hair growth and strength, as it is high in vitamin A, B6, C, D and E; as well as including minerals such as iron and copper.
When used on the hair as a mask or conditioner, the natural occurring oils found in avocados help encourage new hair growth and can also reduce hair loss.
Natural Oils and Moisturiser
Avocados are known as a healthy natural fat, and these natural fats contain essential natural oils that protect, hydrate, and naturally moisturises the scalp when applied regularly. We’d advise using an avocado hair mask to condition your hair after shampooing.
Hair Repair and Protection
With 1 avocado serving over 5 purposes! The combination of natural vitamins and oils also help repair and protects hair due to its properties. Vitamin C also helps absorb Iron, which in turn strengthens, repairs and protects your hair.
Our 99p Natural Avocado Conditioner Recipe
For less than 99p per treatment and in fewer than 5 minutes, you can make your own natural avocado hair conditioner using our HairMob recipe (shown below).
Recipe… To a bowl, add:
- ½ or 1 whole avocado (depending on the length of your hair, short hair use ½ avocado, hair that is shoulder length or longer use 1 avocado).
- 1 tablespoon of Manuka Honey
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil or Pumpkin Seed Oil
- Mash and mix well till relatively smooth and fully incorporated. You can also use a blender to combine.
Routine when using your Avocado hair mask
- Wash and shampoo hair thoroughly twice
- Rinse hair
- Apply Avocado mask to wet/rinsed hair
- Wrap hair fully with Avocado mask (use cling-film to wrap hair if you do not have a disposable hair hood).
- Leave hair wrapped Avocado mask on for 20 minutes or longer
- If you are short on time, you can also use a hand-held hair dryer around your wrapped avocado mask for 10 minutes.
- Then rinse thoroughly with warm water
- Dry (naturally or with a hair dryer on a low heat)
- Oil hair as normal
- Style hair as you wish